Edison Local Strategic Plan
We will develop a community partnership in order to improve communication, understanding and commitment necessary to achieve the mission and goals of the district.
- Promote and sustain and open line of communication and trust with the community
- Provide a program of increased community/parental involvement with our schools
- Update and distribute procedures for emergency or crisis situations
- Identify newsworthy events and programs and prepare media campaigns to support and publicize them -Improve the quality of customer service in Edison Local Schools.
Student and Teacher Performance Goal
We will utilize research-based programs that support student and teacher learning.
- Align curriculum and instruction with the New Learning Standards
- Provide all students with 21st century learning skills through enhanced curriculum and instruction which allows
students to learn at their own pace
- Utilize job-embedded professional development to improve student and teacher learning
- Analyze value-added data to make pertinent instructional and curricular decisions at the classroom level.
We will develop and implement a spending plan to ensure the district is fiscally sound through efficient spending.
- Establish appropriate public/private partnerships for school funding
- Find alternative ways to deliver educational programs to generate additional funding
- Review annually the five year forecast plan regarding the General Fund income and expenses to insure adequate
financial resources for the district.
We will continue to maintain existing facilities and also work with the Ohio School Facilities Commission to secure a new building that will benefit all stakeholders in the district.
- Pass a Bond Issue to build a new, state of the art building
- Properly maintain existing facilities to ensure the safety of all students
- Establish a schedule of preventative maintenance for structural, mechanical, electrical and site
- Follow all state and federal safety guidelines